To assist patients to maintain their quality of life we offer the following services:
- Medical care — a general practitioner visits the Centre three days a week and is on call for emergencies. Patients may choose to consult their own general practitioner if they prefer.
- Nursing care — the Centre provides 24-hour nursing care under the direction of a clinical nurse specialist and clinical registered nurses. A care plan is prepared for all patients, based on an assessment of clinical needs and the patient’s lifestyle choices.
- Occupational therapy — individualised occupational therapy services are available daily to improve social interaction, support mobility and maximise dexterity.
- Physiotherapy services are available from Monday to Friday between 8.30 am and 4 pm to enable patients to achieve an optimal level of functional recovery and independence.
- Counselling services — should you wish to discuss a range of personal issues, the Quadriplegic Centre can facilitate a process to raise your concerns with your general practitioner, clinical psychologist or minister of religion. We encourage you to discuss issues with family members for additional support.
- Pharmaceutical requirements are met by the on-site pharmacy.
The Centre also offers:
- Banking facilities and assistance with bank or government communication.
- Laundry and mail services.
- TV, DVD, video and Foxtel.
- Access to Selby Recreation Service.
- Bus services and access to public transport.
- Work and education opportunities.
Please note that fees do not cover ambulance transfers, so it is recommended that you maintain ambulance fund cover.